Ken, me, and our son, Tyler on vacation. (June, 2015)
What can I share about myself?
- Just in case you hadn't figured it out, Jesus is my life!
- My family is extremely important to me, also.
- I've been married to my husband(and best friend) for 29 years.
- I have one son (who is single and lives on his own) and one step-daughter(and son-in law)
- I have three step grandchildren.
Visiting our son in Detroit (Fall, 2015)
Christmas, 2015 - Step-daughter, Son-in-law, Grandson, Granddaughter #1, Granddaughter #2, me, hubby, and my mom.
- I have 2 Chihuahuas that follow me everywhere - Jet (black/white, short-haired, 4 pounds); and Cheyenne (tan/white, short-haired, 2 pounds.)
- I have a college degree in psychology
- Over the years, I have worked part-time as a receptionist/administrator at our church's Community Care and Counseling center, as an activities therapist in a mental health facility, counselor in a crisis pregnancy center, and coordinator of a parenting program at a non-profit organization.
- I currently am not employed, as I have chosen to be the main caretaker for my mother, who suffers from dementia, a challenging, but most rewarding calling!
- I was in short-term missions for a year(working with deaf and hearing-impaired children) before I got married.
- I love tea, especially vanilla chai tea
- I collect anything to do with tea, but especially teacups and teapots.
- I love gardening: including raising my own vegetables and an assortment of flowers.
- My favorite flower is the Asiatic Lily.
- I love music(mostly contemporary Christian) and going to Christian concerts.
- I love the beach, lake, or just being near/on the water.
- I love fishing with my husband.....I'm also pretty good at frying up some tasty fresh battered fish!
- I love to walk and ride bikes on the trails in various towns and villages....fresh air and exercise are important staples of my life.
- I love to write....I've kept a personal journal since my mid-20's.
- I do like reading, but have come to realize that my attention span seems to be very short, as it's difficult for me to ever finish a book. I rarely make it through to the end, unless I love it so much that I finish it in a day.
- My hubby and I live in a small cottage on a lake. I also have a blog, called "Cairn Cottage", where I share many things about our simple and cozy cottage life on a lake.
- That's all I can think of right now. Keep coming back and reading my posts, as I often will be sharing pictures, stories, and things about myself.
Why have a blog?
· First and foremost I like writing, especially about how God is working in my life
· I also love to read. I've been reading and following other bloggers for a while and decided it would be fun to be a part of that community. I have read how others have been encouraged and built friendships from all over the world through blogging.
· I also know that I have recently had more time on my hands and God has been working in my heart to do this. I held off doing it, more out of not knowing how to get started or what I would even write about, than anything else. I also know that I’m not a professional writer and would hate to bore anyone who would read what I wrote.
· Even if I get very few(if any) followers, I hope that someone may find my blogs helpful in their lives, as so many have done for me in sharing theirs. Maybe, I’ll even learn a little about how to become a better writer.
· No matter what, I want to give God the glory and grow in Him, and have fun doing it!!!!
· Oh, yeah, I've also been realizing that as I keep a gratitude journal, I've taken on a new outlook on my life and how God is using me. By writing this blog, I hope to be more accountable to myself to keep writing about what He is doing and be continually thankful for His blessings.
My Mission Statement:
To read about my personal and blogger mission statements click here
How did I decide on the name of my blog?
If you go to my post on the subject, HERE that should answer this question quite accurately.