As I review the week, I know that there were times of pain and suffering, but there were also moments that I found joy and felt God's presence. A few of those times included me taking time with the Lord - when I wasn't feeling well or when the weather kept me inside - and I truly began enjoying time with Him, writing in my new prayer journal, reading the Word and some pages from books I have been reading... Oh, how God uses even those difficult, frustrating, and sometimes painful moments to draw us closer to Him!
Maybe, like me, you can look back on the past week (or month, or even year.) and see the times of struggling, persevering, and patiently waiting to get through them, times that are not pleasant at all. But, in the process, God continues to fit into our lives moments, days, or even sometimes longer periods of time where we can see God's loving hand reaching down to help us, guide us, draw us to Him. Those are awesome moments!! We tend to pay less attention to them, but they are still there in our lives.
Here are just a few verses that really stuck out to me as reminders and encouragement that patience and perseverance are sometimes difficult, but always produce a positive result.
- 2 Peter 1:5-7 For this reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control,perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.
- Romans 5:4 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
- James 1:12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
- Luke 11:9 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."
- James 5:11 As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
- Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
#1791 - Continuing to pray with my hubby each night together. What a wonderful blessing!!
#1792 - starting to write in my prayer journal and loving it, as it also draws me closer to the Lord!(A few samples below)
#1793 - my mom - I love spending time with her, now that I am not working.
#1794 - the sun shining in the window on a cold, snowy day.
#1795 - an unexpected phone call from a friend, just to say 'hi' and that she was thinking of me.
#1796 - My (usually) romantic husband, who cooked a wonderful breakfast for me!
#1797 - God's amazing love for me!!(Thinking about the greatest love on Valentines Day.)
#1798 - My son, who has made me understand how to truly love (a mother's love) unconditionally!!
"should ask God, who gives to all generously and without reprimand, and it will be given to him." James 1:5
You may find me linking up at any of the blog parties listed on the left sidebar.(or go to my blog party page link, below)