I have been contemplating a word for the new year ahead. But, as in the past, it seems like there have been several different words that have gotten my attention. After breaking my list of words down to 8, I constructed a "word cloud" above. Though there are several words, one word is central to me...
Change is inevitable in life. More importantly, I see change being a bigger part of my life this year, more than ever.
Throughout the year, I will be posting about each of these words and what they mean to me, especially as I consider how God is using them to mold me.
To go along with each word, I am sharing a Bible verse, as well.
- Change/Prepare - "This same Good s that came to you is going out all over the world. It is bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives, just as it d your lives from the day you first heard and understood the truth about God’s wonderful grace." Colossians 1:6
“Prepare God’s arrival! Make the road smooth and straight! Every ditch will be filled in, Every bump smoothed out, The detours straightened out, All the ruts paved over. Everyone will be there to see The parade of God’s salvation.” Luke 3:1-6
- Healthy - "Jesus heard about it and spoke up, “Who needs a doctor: the or the sick? I’m here inviting outsiders, not insiders—an invitation to a d life, d inside and out.” Luke 5:31-32
- Brave - "Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord." Psalm 27:14
- Exhale - The Lord God created the heavens and stretched them out. He shaped the earth and all that comes from it. He gave life to the people who are on it and breath to those who walk on it. Isaiah 42:5
- Freedom - "If you have a chance at , go ahead and take it. I’m simply trying to point out that under your new Master you’re going to experience a marvelous you would never have dreamed of." 1 Corinthians 7:21
- Turning - "I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not back." Philippians 3:12-14
- Passage - "What I’m interested in seeing you do is: to break the chains of injustice, sharing your food with the hungry,inviting the homeless poor into your homes, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad, being available to your own families. Do this and the lights will turn on, and your lives will turn around at once. Your righteousness will pave your way. The God of glory will secure your passage. God will answer. Isaiah 58:6-9
- Freefall - "God s prisoners— he gives sight to the blind, he lifts up the en."Psalm 146:9
"Because ’s your refuge, the High God your very own home, Evil can’t get close to you, harm can’t get through the door. He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they’ll catch you; their job is to keep you from . Psalm 91:10-13
If hadn’t been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, “I’m slipping, I’m ,” your love, , took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up." Psalm 94:17-19
- Trust - "Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture."
- Leap - “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets." Luke 6:23
- Travel - "From now on every road you Will take you to . Follow the Covenant signs; Read the charted directions." Psalm 25:10
"Dear friend, guard Clear Thinking and Common Sense with your life; don’t for a minute lose sight of them. They’ll keep your soul alive and well, they’ll keep you fit and attractive. You’ll safely, you’ll neither tire nor trip. You’ll take afternoon naps without a worry, you’ll enjoy a good night’s sleep. No need to panic over alarms or surprises, or predictions that doomsday’s just around the corner, Because will be right there with you; he’ll keep you safe and sound." Proverbs 3:21-26
"Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God." 1 Peter 1:18
My Bible Verse Prayer for 2018:
, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me— my whole life one long, obedient response. Guide me down the road of your commandments; I love ing this freeway! Give me a bent for your words of wisdom, and not for piling up loot. Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets, invigorate me on the pilgrim way. Affirm your promises to me— promises made to all who fear you. Hurry with your answer, ! I’m nearly at the end of my rope. Don’t turn away; don’t ignore me! That would be certain death. If you wake me each morning with the sound of your loving voice, I’ll go to sleep each night trusting in you. Point out the road I must ; I’m all ears, all eyes before you. Save me from my enemies, — you’re my only hope! Teach me how to live to please you, because you’re my God. Lead me by your blessed Spirit into cleared and level pastureland.
Psalm 119:33-40, Psalm 143:7-10,
I'm very excited to see how God will be preparing my heart, as He guides me through the changes ahead of me.
What word (or words) are you choosing for 2018?
You may find me linking up at any of the blog parties listed on the left sidebar.