Monday, June 18, 2012

A Rainboow of Blessings and Promise!

Source

Genesis 9:12-13  And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

The photo above was taken by a local weather station follower, after many days of hot, dry weather. There is just something about a refreshing rain, followed by a gorgeous rainbow! It reminds me of God's promises to me, no matter what I am going through in life or how I am feeling. So much is uncertain, but there is one thing that is certain. , . God will keep His covenant with us. He is always with us and all who are His children will see Him in heaven someday! What an encouragement!!

May you find refreshing hope in Christ this week. Remember to always give thanks for all of His blessings to you! 
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Matthew 11:28-29
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:37-39
No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Proverbs 1:33
But all who listen to me will live in peace,
untroubled by fear of harm.”

John 14:27
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
Romans 10:9
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sharing the blessings God has bestowed upon me as I take part in the Joy Dare.
3 gifts smelled.
794. Figuring out what was causing a bad smell in the kitchen and fixing the issue.
795.  A new lily my hubby bought me, just because! :)
796.  Freshly cleaned/shampooed carpets!

A gift unexpected, unwanted, unlikely.
797. Unexpected - A nice rain shower, after some very hot, dry days.
798. Unwanted - Roadblocks in helping a friend serve in church.
799. Unlikely - Reconnecting with my husband's daughter and her family....with the possibility of seeing more of each other.

3 gifts in His word.

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 
801. Job 31:4
Does he not see my ways
    and count my every step?
802. Psalm 84:10-11
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly.

3 gifts in your dad. (My dad passed away from Alzheimer's in Oct, 2004)
803. Memories of our shared love for boating/sailing.
 Me and my dad, about 1980
804. My Canadian heritage.
805. A youthful look (my dad always looked young for his age and I've been told that I also look younger than my age.)

3 gifts from your heavenly Father.
806. My heavenly heritage.
807. Ps 127: 3-5  
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
808. Deuteronomy 7:9  
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,


3 gifts you became  in serving.
809. Teaching the kids about having "no fear" through Jesus in Children's Church.
810. Listening to a friend who is going through some difficult trials.
811. Receiving letters from a single mom that I encouraged through volunteering at our local crisis pregnancy center/child care center.
 
Linking over at these blog parties:



9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading through your gifts! I like the Joy Dare. That's a neat idea to get you looking in places you might not normally look!

    Mary Beth
    newlifesteward.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Beth! The Joy Dare has been very eye-opening. Some people have said they don't like using it because they want to be free to share anything. The did that the first 200 gifts, but enjoy using this list for a change. It's been great! Thanks for stopping over.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your scripture selections have blessed me today! Great post! Thanks Ann. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad they blesses you, Cynthia!!! God's timing is always perfect! Blessings and love!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for all of the encouragement on your blog today! That rainbow is full of hope and God's promises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Theresa! And it doesn't hurt that rainbows are SO beautiful! Our God truly is an Awesome God!

      Delete
  4. Ann - we both wrote about rainbows this week! Such beauty, such promise.

    Blessings!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I love it when I feel affirmation of what I am writing about! It blesses me to know so many are being uplifted by God' words put in writing through me! Wishing you a blessed week.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for such a lovely post and for linking up to me. You used some of my all time favorite verses and it was nice seeing them all down the page listed together. May God richly bless you.

    www.heartreflected.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.