Friday, May 18, 2012

Lazy Lake Days and Beachy Dreams

Source: heartlight.org via Ann on Pinterest


Well, looks like we are getting closer to our dreams becoming a reality. If all goes as planned, we will be moved into our new lakefront cottage by July. Things are starting to move a little faster and I'm beginning to get a little more excited. I'm a dreamer at heart and also being a Pinter"holic", I've found quite a bit on Pinterest to keep me dreamin' of my Lazy Lake Days that are ahead of me.
This sign would look perfect at the front entrance or in the sun room!
Source: google.com via Ann on Pinterest


Ohhhh, sun shining on the water summer days!!!
Source: google.com via Ann on Pinterest

I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of this...

And watching a lot of sunsets, like this...

Scenes like this will be what we will see every day...(there are swans on our lake)


I've got a t-shirt that says, 'Lake Girl' on it. But I may have to get the sweatshirt, too....
Source: google.com via Ann on Pinterest

Can't wait to officially be a 'Lake Girl', a dream come true!!!

"Don't wait for your ship to come in - swim out to it."



But, all dreamin' aside (for now), I will be cutting back on the number of posts here, as we are going to be packing and preparing for the move. I will stop in at least once a week and keep you all informed on the progress of this new adventure in life we are on. I am still planning on starting a 2nd blog (check it out here), of which many of you have helped me in choosing a name for the new blog....that will also be announced very soon! There is still time if you would like to vote for your favorite blog name.

"The Lord bless you
 and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;  
 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace. ”
Numbers 6:24-26
Wishing you all a blessed and restful weekend!!

 

Linking up at these blog parties:





9 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! I really like the lake photos - especiially the one of the sunset. Best wishes on your move.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. God is really good and I feel so blessed! So much to be thankful for!

      Delete
  2. Oh this does sound fabulous. Is it okay that I ma a bit jealous, giggle. Love that lake sign! Thank you for your bloggy friendship and for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things linky party xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, I love the photos and thoughts you put together for this post..lots of fun and meaningful things to ponder. I’m also glad you linked up to B&BB this week and I’m praying your week is a good one as you plan and pack and pinterest! I’m writing this on a train from Budapest, Hungary to Zagreb, Croatia. I don’t have internet, but I opened up your blog post before the trip so I could read it while traveling. And I’ll paste my comment into a comment box when we arrive. So I’m reading your blog and thinking of you across the globe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, Gail! How exciting to be traveling to some very unique parts of the world. And to still keep your blogging going....that is dedication, indeed! PLEASE, PLEASE keep us posted on your travels and I anticipate hearing a wonderful overview (with lots of pictures) when you return!! May you have safe travels and be blessed in visiting other cultures and meeting new people!!

      Delete
  4. Hi, I am visiting from B&BB this week. Congratulations on getting closer to your beach cottage home. That sounds so lovely. I love the water. We live in the Gulf Coast of Florida, but not on the water, but close enough to be able to see the sunsets often. Your blog is such a happy place. So glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lynn. So glad you stopped by! I stopped over at your two blogs, also. What gorgeous photos you take! I'm sure you have lots of opportunities to get some pretty great shots. Oh, what I wouldn't do to live near/on the ocean! I grew up on different lakes and have visited the ocean in Fla. and the Carolinas. Just beautiful! But lake living is very relaxing, too! I couldn't find a link on your blogs to follow you, but I will try to stay connected to your blog when I can! I'm so glad you like my blog, as well! I try to keep a positive attitude in life and I think it shows on my blog. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann, Apparently you did find the link because you are my newest follower. I am yours now, too. My blog changes when the mood hits and I had the sidebars etc etc and so then I started what was to be the second blog which I wanted to be like a "chalkboard". However, after giving it a name, I realized I had enough issues with one blog, without two and kind of just left it hanging. Sorry about that. I need to make a post informing others as I forget people may check it out.
    A long time ago, I lived on a lake in upstate NY. We lived across the two lane main road that ran around the lake, but owned lake frontage two with a dock etc. Back then, it was mainly a summer lake so the traffic was only bad during summer weekends, the rest of the year, very few cars. It was lovely. Except in January when the winds off the frozen lake blew against us on the hill. Don't have to worry about that in Florida. So I totally agree lake living is wonderful. Am so happy for you!! Looking forward to see pictures of the new cottage, your enjoyment on the lake. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.