Friday, March 2, 2012

Always Trust

Today, I'm re-posting one of my posts from last year on the subject of "trust", which is the topic word over at Faith Barista, JamWithMe Thursday. 

As a whole, I usually have felt like I have overcome negativity, but learning to trust and having a positive attitude often seem to collide with each other for me when I'm faced with them together, especially when things aren't going well in my life. It's amazing how praise and gratitude can be so easily influenced by my circumstances (or even by my mood). 

 
I've tried to write down at least one thing every day that I'm grateful for. I've been doing this for almost a full year now, and still, there are days it's a great struggle. In fact, today is one of them. I've been racking my brain to write something down, but my mind keeps traveling to negative and worrisome thoughts.  I pray for God to take care of my every need and to give me peace about it, but then I struggle to trust Him fully with it. My mind almost has a mind of it's own, if that makes any sense. I know Satan wants my mind and my life, and the only way I know to battle against him is on my knees!

I'm still working on my gratitude list. Today, I may not be able to write anything inspiring down, but I am thankful for one thing for sure.....God is our conqueror and more. That reminds me of the Scripture verse - Romans 8:39
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

I'm also reminded, in order to keep my mind and heart grateful, that I must "pray continually." And "be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

So today I am praying, praising God (through reading the Word). I'm reading Psalms 103, to start. And I'm remembering that God is my conqueror!

 



5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's wonderful to "meet" you!
    It seems we do have a lot in common ~ I look forward to following your blog.
    Developing a heart of gratitude is so important! Remember, God has already won the war but we must still engage in spiritual battles for now!
    It's encouraging to know that God is our conqueror and that we can be more than conquerers through Him!
    It snowed here yesterday about 3ish inches and is beautifully sunny here today.
    I hope you guys aren't affected by the tornadoes.
    Blessings,
    JanMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for responding, JanMarie!! Thank the Lord, all we had was a good thunderstorm and some wind here and there!! Praying for those who lost their homes, and some who lost loved ones!!!! Looking forward to corresponding with you in future posts!

      Delete
  2. A great post of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! God is so good!!! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Amen to this. So often my mood gets in the way of my need to praise. Thanks for these words. God bless.

    -Bob

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.