Sunday, December 6, 2015

Advent(Dec. 6): The Gift of Laughter

 Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised. Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him. Abraham gave the name Isaac to the son Sarah bore him. When his son Isaac was eight days old, Abraham circumcised him, as God commanded him. Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.
Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.” And she added, “Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age.” 
Genesis 21:1-7

While Abraham laughed in shock, Sarah laughed in unbelief when they were told they would have a son.

"When Abrahan was one hundred years  old, Sarah had a baby boy, Isaac.
Sarah held Isaac and her laughter was changed to joy to the heavens. "God has brought me laughter!"
This story teaches us that the joy of the life of faith comes from obtaining what only God can do; the pain comes from separating from what I can do in my own power. 
'Because of Jesus, the miracle Child who came to us, laughter comes to us, too. And we get to hold the wonder of it close to us.
No matter what happens today, Jesus is the last word, and we rejoice and rejoice again and re-joy again — because grace is our oxygen now!"
"God brings us the gift of laughter for our hearts!
Joy is the gigantic secret gift that God gives us and we never stop unwrapping."
I will smile today, I will laugh, I will enjoy Him, and now and amazing grace, because God brings the weary people laughter, Laughter is His gift to me — oxygenated grace!"
If you feel inclined, play the video and sing along!!
Come back tomorrow, as I share Day 7 of the Advent Calender...
in the book, "Unwrapping the Greatest Gift".(All quotes listed are from the book, unless indicated.)

I will be sharing each story in this beautiful book, as well as some of the breathtaking pictures. Won't you join me? Stop by each day to see the stories shared. If you would prefer I email you each days post, please leave your email in the comments section or send me an email at apop12341@hotmail.com 
and let me know. I will make sure each post is sent to you.
To view the whole series on one page, go HERE


You may find me linking up at any of the blog parties listed on the left sidebar.(or go to my blog party page link, below)

Favorite Blogs Parties where I Link-up 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.