Saturday, December 5, 2015

Advent(Dec. 5): Count the Stars

The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
“I will make you into a great nation,
    and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
    and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you.
So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran.

The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring I will give this land. So he built an altar there to the Lord who had appeared to him.
Genesis 12: 1-4, 7

  • In Genesis 12:2-3, God made a covenant with Abraham that continued far beyond this patriarch’s lifetime. The covenant with Abraham included the following promises: multiple descendants, fame, divine protection and that Abraham through his descendants would be a blessing to all people. 
"And God said to Abram, "Leave everything - because I love you more than anything....trust Me with everything you have, and you'll have everything you need, because I will be with you."
  • As Abraham obeyed and grew in faith, God continued to reveal to him the blessings he and his descendants would receive.
"...Abram tried to count all the ways - the thousands and millions and billions of ways - as many as the stars in the heavens - God loved him, and it made him dance in awe with the stars, with God"
And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abraham belongs to you.(Galations 3:9)

"I will bless you", God said once, keeps saying now. "I will give you the greatest gift of love."
So a belief, or a faith, in Jesus Christ and an understanding of these promises enable us to be heirs of the promise to Abraham!(source)
"The greatest gift God gives you is Himself - God blessed all families through a Child who would be born under one enormous, blazing, brilliant star."

"And God promises even more:"I will make you a blessing to others. I will do more than give you a gift of love - I will make you into a gift of love!" You get to be the gift and smile for someone, you get to be the gift and laugh for someone, you get to be the gift and love someone who is needing a gentle touch."
You are blessed!
You get to bless!


10 Ways to Bless Others During Christmas

Come back tomorrow, as I share Day 6 of the Advent Calender...
in the book, "Unwrapping the Greatest Gift".(All quotes listed are from the book, unless indicated.)

I will be sharing each story in this beautiful book, as well as some of the breathtaking pictures. Won't you join me? Stop by each day to see the stories shared. If you would prefer I email you each days post, please leave your email in the comments section or send me an email at apop12341@hotmail.com 
and let me know. I will make sure each post is sent to you.
To view the whole series on one page, go HERE


You may find me linking up at any of the blog parties listed on the left sidebar.(or go to my blog party page link, below)

Favorite Blogs Parties where I Link-up 


3 comments:

  1. God is our greatest gift. I love your last few lines describing how He makes us a blessing to others. We need to embrace that truth and live it out in our own lives. Happy Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Mary. Sometimes it is easy to forget that not only were we promised a blessing, but we also were gifted to bless others. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. You shared beautifully and spiritually. Thank you so much! I sure loved seeing this. Bless you...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.