Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Advent(Dec. 22): Wide Awake Dreams

The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.
And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.
And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
Luke 1:28, 35, 38

"Mary, the girl Joseph was engaged to, turned around and right before her eyes, she saw the stuff of dreams - even though she was wide awake! A very real angel - Gabriel - standing in front of her."


"Gabriel beamed, "Mary, you have nothing to fear. God has a Gift for you - for the whole world. A baby boy named Jesus. 
Mary said yes to becoming a space for God - right there beneath her beating heart."
"When you make space in your words, in your wants, in your ways for Jesus, He comes and lives in the most miraculous way in your heart, too.
To say yes to whatever God wants to give you, you are really holding on to the hands of God."

LISTEN
…to the heart of the sad.
LOOK
…into someone’s loneliness and reach out to them.
BECOME
…a safe space for someone.

We get the miracle of being a miraculous space for Jesus, too.
Only one thing is necessary - just let your hands and your heart be a space for LOVE to come into the world.

“When the divine life possesses the soul, it flows over in gracious ministries among our fellowmen. The affluence becomes an influence importing itself to others.”John Henry Jowett

Come back again, as I share Day 23 of the Advent Calender...in the book, "Unwrapping the Greatest Gift".(All quotes listed are from the book, unless indicated.)
I will be sharing each story in this beautiful book, as well as some of the breathtaking pictures. Won't you join me? Stop by each day to see the stories shared. If you would prefer I email you each days post, please leave your email in the comments section or send me an email at apop12341@hotmail.com 
and let me know. I will make sure each post is sent to you.
To view the whole series on one page, go HERE

You may find me linking up at any of the blog parties listed on the left sidebar.(or go to my blog party page link, below)

Favorite Blogs Parties where I Link-up 

1 comment:

  1. Yes. This is what faith is all about - becoming a space for God. Thanks, neighbor. Blessings to you this Christmas and always!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.