Friday, December 11, 2015

Advent(Dec. 11): The Red Rope

Joshua son of Nun secretly sent out two spies from Acacia and said to them, “Go and look at the land, particularly at the city of Jericho.”
So the men went to Jericho and stayed at the house of a prostitute named Rahab.
Before the spies went to sleep for the night, Rahab went up to the roof. She said to them, “I know the Lord has given this land to your people. You frighten us very much. Everyone living in this land is terribly afraid of you.
 So now, promise me before the Lord that you will show kindness to my family just as I showed kindness to you. Give me some proof that you will do this. Allow my father, mother, brothers, sisters, and all of their families to live. Save us from death.”
The men said to her, “You must do as we say. If not, we cannot be responsible for keeping this oath you have made us swear. When we return to this land, you must tie this red rope in the window through which you let us down. Bring your father, mother, brothers, and all your family into your house.
Joshua 2: 1, 8-9, 12-13, 17-18

"...one red rope saved the lives of a prostitute and her family.
Rahab, who hid two spies...and soon believed that their One real God works real miracles."

"Rahab couldn't stop smiling...God loved her at her darkest and badest, and He held her with the biggest and grandest and greatest love. God changed the heart of a girl who did bad things."
So, her heart was tied to God's by one red rope...like it was her only lifeline.
And she was saved, not because she was good, but because she trusted the One real God!"
The good news in this story is that God forgave Rahab and she ended up being a mother in Israel and an ancestor of Jesus. 
 While far from perfect, Rahab’s life is a model of faith that shows the reality of God’s forgiveness and grace for everyone willing to step out in faith and to trust God with the results.

Have you ever felt as though you are too damaged to be used by God?  Worse, have you ever had the thought that you’re too damaged for God to truly love you?
You and I can't get to heaven trusting in what we've done. We must have faith in the rope - the blood of Christ - that saves us and carries us to safety. This one thing will make the difference for everyone. Like Rahab, we must tie the rope in our window - then when Christ returns for His beloved bride, He  will deliver the ones who have the red rope - the blood of Christ - in our hearts!

"Everywhere - do you see it? Christmas presents, tied up red ribbons, little red ropes. 
They all tie our hearts to Jesus, the greatest, grandest, Gift!"
"...shaped into hearts - they wrap the happiest love right around you."
Come back again, as I share Day 12 of the Advent Calender...in the book, "Unwrapping the Greatest Gift".(All quotes listed are from the book, unless indicated.)
I will be sharing each story in this beautiful book, as well as some of the breathtaking pictures. Won't you join me? Stop by each day to see the stories shared. If you would prefer I email you each days post, please leave your email in the comments section or send me an email at apop12341@hotmail.com 
and let me know. I will make sure each post is sent to you.
To view the whole series on one page, go HERE


You may find me linking up at any of the blog parties listed on the left sidebar.(or go to my blog party page link, below)

Favorite Blogs Parties where I Link-up 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.