Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Things I've Learned This Summer

Well, September has arrived. For some reason, when I hear that it's September, I think that summer is officially over and Autumn has arrived. But the weather is still supposed to be in the upper 80's all week long, not typical for Autumn in northern Indiana.
Whether summer's over or not, it definitly has been  educational for me. Below are several quotes from well-known people that describe many of the life lessons I have learned this past summer. 
“I’ve learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.” ~ Martha Washington


I've learned that:
“Radical obedience to Christ is not easy... It's not comfort, not health, not wealth, and not prosperity in this world. Radical obedience to Christ risks losing all these things. But in the end, such risk finds its reward in Christ. And he is more than enough for us.” 


“If you obey God with your whole heart, you'll usually scare off the folks who want you to obey them.” 





“Overcomers are not perfect. They fail just like the rest of us, but they keep on getting up, keep on repenting, and keep on being willing to surrender themselves to Christ and letting Him, who is the only perfect One, work through them.” 



Good intentions and earnest effort are not enough. Only Jesus can make an otherwise futile life productive. ~ Chuck Swindoll, Pastor 





“The fact that you can still stand for God even when some people try to push you to fall, is a proof that you were not DRAGGED Up, but you were BROUGHT Up!” 
― 
Israelmore Ayivor



I’ve learned - That the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon. ~Author Unknown

Thanks for stopping by!
God is showing me that, just like the change of the seasons, I am coming upon a new season of change in my life. 
So, stop back soon to see what new things I will be called by the Lord to do!!
This video seems to say it all!!





Linking up at these blog hops:

5 comments:

  1. Great quotes, my friend. My, you've learned a lot. So much wisdom here. Thanks for sharing, neighbor. Blessings upon blessings to you as you bravely face all the changes in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mari-Anna! May you also be blessed and lifted up on the wings of our Lord and Savior!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. My favorite one: I’ve learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.

    Stopping by from Coffee for your Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one, too! ;) Attitude can make or break you! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You sure did learn a lot this summer! Thanks for sharing your lessons with us.

    Stopping over from Wise Woman Link Up

    Marissa

    Reading List

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.