I can hardly believe it, but it will soon be 10 years since I lost my dad! He passed away, following surgery for his diabetes and Alzheimers disease on October 8, 2004. He was a faithful husband and father.
My parents, as newlyweds
A family portrait
My dad was the best father I could have ever had! We were a lot alike and enjoyed similar hobbies and interests.
Me and my dad loved to play tennis.
My dad and I loved sailing
Family was truly important to him.
My dad and niece, who both shared a birthday on the same day.
As I think about all of the blessings in my life, there were many things about him that I am so glad I got to learn from him. Those things are what I miss the most!
Some things I loved about my dad:
- His quiet spirit
- His love for sailing his catamaran on the lake.
- His interest in computer programs and gaming.
- His love of staying active...especially playing tennis with me.
- His ability to tinker around the garage and do little projects.
- That he was such a peacemaker...wanting everyone to get along.
- His love of Sunday football games.
- That he would always root for the underdog team.
- That he took a great interest in our genealogy and made a family tree for us! (French/Canadian heritage)
- He loved to watch old movies on T.V.
- He was a great businessman, and ran his own furniture store for many years!
- He was a faithful and devoted husband.
- He was a loving, caring father.
- His interest in photography (when we were young, he had his own darkroom to develop his film)
Even though I would love to have had more time with my dad, I know He is enjoying eternity with his Heavenly Father and I will see him again one day!
Miss you dad!!!
Along with sharing what I'm grateful for, I also wanted to ask for your prayers. I am having outpatient surgery (female related) on Tuesday, Oct. 7. It is a pretty routine surgery, but I often don't respond well, when coming out of anesthesia. Pray all goes well and recovery is quick for me. I will post my status, once I am able to get back onto my computer.
Have a blessed week!
Linking over to these blog hops:
Faith Filled Friday (Missional Women)