Not only do the nominees get to choose 5 of their favorite blogs, but they get to answer 11 questions, presented by the nominating blogger. This is a great way for fellow Christian bloggers to get to know and encourage each other. So, without further ado...
First, I'll be answering the questions that Joan presented to me. Here are the questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Somewhere tropical! I love the ocean and beach! I've always loved South Carolina (visited there twice on vacation). My hubby and I have even discussed spending the winter months there, once we both retire.
2. What is one silly moment you've had that you'd like to share? Wow! Just one!? I love getting silly, especially with my hubbs! I recently saw these pics on my facebook page and they reminded me of all the silly times we have together. These were taken at a 2-day Christian concert that we went to, as we were waiting for the performers to get on stage! Love the expressions!!
Here's a serious one, just to let you know that we can also be "normal"! :)
4. What has been the greatest blessing through blogging? Making new friends! I've met and have been blessed by so many Christian bloggers from all over the world! Now to be able to travel all over and meet them all in person would be a dream come true!
5. What is your favorite room in your home? My sun porch! Now that we live on a lake, the view is so relaxing (especially in the summer, when I can open all the windows and get a cool breeze and hear the sound of water lapping the shore)
6. Do you have a favorite animal? If so, what is it? Well, if you mean any animal in the world...I've always loved giraffes. They are such a unique creation of God. But on a more personal level...my two Chihuahua dogs, Jet and Cheyenne! They are like family members!
7. What is your favorite trait about yourself? (I know that's a tough one to share, but you can do it!!) Yes, this is a challenge. I'd have to say having an upbeat, positive spirit. I naturally am an encourager and that comes out in my personality.
8. What is your favorite color? This can vary for me. Awhile back, I owned so many purple outfits, it was ridiculous! I love and tend to be pulled toward bright colors! But I also love the deep blue color of the ocean and sky on a clear sunny day. So relaxing!
9. What is your favorite time of day? Interestingly, evening (at sunset) and nighttime are my two favorite times. I've never been a fan of mornings.
10. What is a favorite "God moment" you'd like to share? This wasn't a specific "moment", as much as it was God's "intervention and timing". I met my hubby in a newspaper single's ad. I would have NEVER had the courage to answer his ad, if my sister hadn't prompted me. Then, after we dated a few months, I moved 2 states away and we stopped dating and had NO contact for almost 2 years. Out of the blue, I moved back home and within 2 weeks, Ken called me to just say "hi". He had no idea where I was living. A friend had asked him about me and he was prompted to call me again. The rest is history!!
11. What is your favorite book of the Bible? That's a hard one. There are several I love to read. More recently, I'd have to say the book of Ruth. I love her life story of devotion to God and the Israelite people. In the New Testament, I'd say, I love reading Philippians. Seems like every time I read it, I gain something new from it to apply to my life.
I nominated the following bloggers for the Liebster Award. I also listed their bios/profiles. Feel free to visit their blogs and see what awesome bloggers they truly are(Also, don't forget to check out Joan's blog!):
1. Rachelle @ From the Heart of Rachelle D.
- I am a wife, daughter, mother, bilingual teacher, poet, author, women's Bible study teacher, world traveler, orphan advocate, and an adoptive mother. Our adoption journey has been filled with a lot of hurt and loss, along with even more hope, grace, and healing. Through it we have experienced more of God than we ever bargained for and have watched Him miraculously redeem our story when we surrendered all the broken pieces to Him.
- Always learning more of God's unending grace, mercy, and love through the joys and trials of this life. Blessed beyond measure to share my days with my husband, and to be the mom of six (grown) children, and grama to ten sweet grandkids. And desiring to follow Jesus and reflect His love and grace.
- I'm a 50-something, married, Christian woman. I have one wonderful husband, two great adult sons, an awesome daughter-in-law, and an adorable granddog (a beloved beagle!) I consider myself a COLEN ("Change-Of-Life Empty-Nester"). This is a time of transition in my life. Things are changing, and so am I. However, I desire nothing more than to serve my Savior. Please join me on my journey as I walk out my faith in the second half of life!
- I am married to Robert and we have 4 grown children. I have been a teacher of the Word of God from an early age. I am an ordained minister but am retired except for an occasional wedding or funeral. Sharing about Jesus is a passion and that is why this blog has been set up. I write true stories with a spiritual twist.
- This website was born out of much love for our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of His people. Every word is written in hopes of glorifying God and for the edification of the reader. It is my fervent prayer that all who visit will leave feeling blessed, encouraged and excited to share it with others.
It’s all about spreading the word about other blogs out there that are of great value. So in accepting the award I have the responsibility to share with you some of my favourite regular read blogs. And I know I’m always interested to know what some of my favourite bloggers are reading, so hopefully you will find this interesting too. - See more at: http://www.teenagewhisperer.co.uk/sharing-the-love-my-top-recommended-blogs-as-a-liebster-award-winner/#sthash.bvqG4Fvf.dpuf