Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Figuring Life Out" - One Thousand Gifts

Hello everyone! It's a busy week for me, so this will be a short post, but I wanted to list my gifts of His blessings in my life. I'm so excited! I am VERY close to listing 1,000 gifts/blessings! I recently watched this video again.....it's such a great reminder that we need to slow down and pay attention to even the simple moments we live!!! So I wanted to share it with you again, too! Enjoy!(It's best, when seen in full screen, go to the small square next to the YouTube words.)

Have a wonderful week!

Counting my gifts with the September Joy Dare:
The joys of lake life:





3 gifts ugly-beautiful
961. Raw emotions can be so painful, but also help me experience life to it's fullest!
962. When I'm too busy, God slows me down by allowing obstacles to come into my life, often obstacles I don't like.
963. It seems like life speeds up when I'm doing fun things and slows down when I'm doing something I dislike doing!

A gift fixed, folded, freckled
964. Fixed - Got my internet problems fixed - got a new provider!! :)
965. Folded - A stack of freshly cleaned clothes, ready to be put away.
966. Freckled - The freckled look, when I look up at the maple trees, slowing turning their colorful fall hues.

3 gifts in conversation
967. Time spent conversing with a friend and having lunch together.
968. Online conversations - sharing with friends who don't live close on Facebook and my blog.
969. Conversing with another friend with texts on my phone.(What would we do without modern technology? Probably do more of #967.)

3 gifts in salvation
970. Eternal life with Christ!
971. Living for Christ, instead myself.
972. The leading of the Holy Spirit in my life.

3 gifts in information
973. Instructions, telling how to decoupage pumpkins. What a fun project!
 
974. Also love all the other cute 'crafty' ideas I have gotten from the internet! Like making bunting to hang.
975. Growing in knowledge and wisdom in Christ! So glad God gave us minds to learn about so many things!

A gift rattling, receding, reclaiming
976. Rattling - The rattling of clothes in the dryer (laundry day!)
977. Receding - Summer is officially over and daylight hours are receding, as Autumn begins.
978. Reclaiming - my time, studying God's word and in prayer.

3 gifts quiet
979. The quiet, when I get up early and walk out by the lake. (Rare occasion.)
980. The quietness when I'm home by myself. Sometimes it feels too quiet during the day. Other times, I welcome it!
981. The quiet after everyone else goes to bed and I'm up reading.


 Linking over at these blog parties:
Word Filled Wednesday(Internet Cafe')   
Soli Deo Gloria (Finding Heaven)


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment and yes...we do have in common our need to slow down and how we've both almost reached 1000! Loved your lists! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we're almost there!!! It's so awesome!!! Keep counting, my friend!! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.