Monday, May 7, 2012

An Amazing Weeked

Hi, everyone. How are all my bloggy friends doing out in bloggyland? Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I've been really enjoying this beautiful weather and family activities.

My weekend started out so right. My son and his girlfriend are great musicians and often play at the local coffee houses or for small events. Friday evening, they played at a local event called First Fridays - described on their Facebook page as "a local event that brings a festive atmosphere. Once a month the downtown streets are turned into a huge block party. Downtown merchants host the party." The song they played on the courthouse square was for our local woman's domestic abuse shelter, called "The Beaman Home". The song was called "Open Your Eyes," by Snow Patrol. It was raining pretty hard, but stopped, just in time for them to play.


My hubby and I also got to take the boat our on the lake and go fishing! In two days we caught 56 bluegill, 1 bass, 2 crappies, and 2 dogfish. Needless to say, fishing was very good this weekend!! (Except for the dogfish :/)

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever.   

Psalm 136:1

Listing my gifts for this week for the Joy Dare!

3 gifts tasted
671. Fresh pan-fried fish from the catch of the day.
672. A delicious breaded chicken and bacon sandwich from Arby's!(It was yummy!)
673. Grilled pork chops, smothered in bbq sauce!

3 gifts from my garden.
674. Beautiful bouquet from my Snowball bush.
675. My Clematis, with it's many blooms!

676.The amazing color and detail of God's creation.

3 gifts found in difficult people.
677. Learning to love(and pray for) those who use others...a friend of my sons.
678. Extended family members that make staying close to family difficult. - Trusting God to touch their hearts.
679. Unkind words - (Genesis 50:20) "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."


3 gifts before 9 a.m.
680. The sound of rain, coming down softly on my roof.
681. Time with God, in the Word, and to write in my journal.
682. A text from a friend, putting our time to meet today, back 30 minutes....I needed a little more time.


A gift in a sign, a smile, a snack.
683. A sign - A new sign for my family, sitting on the fireplace mantel.
684. A smile - The smile and hug of an old friend and previous boss.
685. A snack - Trail mix


3 gifts found in the weekend.
686. Watching my son and his girlfriend perform.
687. That we got a break in the rainy weather, so that they could play.
688. Catching lots of fish 2 days in a row!

 Linking over at these blog parties:

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun filled week end for you all. Oh my, all that fish, hope you can have a big fish fry (or grill) and enjoy them all, except the dog fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the fish freezes really well, but we did have fish for dinner that evening! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love your list! The flowers are so beautiful! Wish I could smell them:) And the sign is great too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! I love this time of year! So many blooming flowers. So much to be thankful for! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.