Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I'm Wearing.

Hi, all! I'm kinda new to posting outfits I have and love.

This week has been a bit of an intense week for me and the hubs. We have been waiting patiently for about 9 months or so to complete the sale of our house and move to a lake cottage nearby. We've come close a few times, but something always has fallen through at the last minute. We have been in constant prayer over whether this is the path God is calling us to or if He has another. I have asked the Lord for some kind of confirmation that, even though we have waited patiently, that He will complete this process soon. A few weeks ago, I read in Ann Voskamp's list for the April (specifically on the 26th) JoyDare that I am to write down 3 gifts from God that are moving! I honestly am not one to test God or read into things, but I have felt that God was speaking to me about our move. Well, He's making me trust right up to the day! Tomorrow is the 26th. I'm trusting God to come through for me!! Won't you also pray for Him to receive glory and our faith to become sight? Whatever happens, tomorrow, I will be praising God for 3 gifts that are moving!!

Until then, I've been going through some of my outfits. Indiana weather has been so fickle, like so many parts of the U.S. (all that snow in the north east!!). I've had to pull out both winter and summer boxes from storage!
Here are a few I wore recently:
This is a great "out in the yard, gardening" outfit for me. Very casual and relaxed!
This was a windy spring day. We went for a walk and my hubs took a picture by these daffodils. Notice my little 4 lb. Chihuahua, Sophie, sitting to the right of me. She didn't like sitting for the picture!

 This is one of my spring outfits (thrift-ed)
This was a very bizarre day! It started out warm (71 degrees)
By noon it was 60 degrees, so I donned a light jacket.
*I just noticed, I own a LOT of Capri pants. I'm not naturally blessed with skinny thighs, which makes me want to hide them. Hopefully, I can work on that in my weight loss program! I would love to feel comfortable wearing shorts someday!
You can't see my shoes in the grass picture, so here is a close-up of my deck shoes. These are so comfortable! I've had them for years. (made by Route 66).

The most bizarre part of the last outfit was that it cooled down that day to 52 degrees by 3:00 p.m.
I ended up changing into jeans and a sweatshirt for the rest of the day.
That's Indiana weather for you!

I do like to dress up for church on Sunday. Thought I would share one of my more dressy outfits. Everything I am wearing here was thrifted, even the boots!

What are you wearing this season? Feel free to share some of your favorites by linking back to your blog in my comment box below or sending me an email (apop12341@hotmail.com), with photos, or just a description.


Still trying to lose a few (well, hopefully around 30 lbs) by the time the hubs and I go on our 2nd honeymoon. Looks like we officially will be going in September, now, most likely the week of Labor Day, which is ironically both of our b-days (his is Sept. 5 and mine is Sept. 9). We also will probably be going to S. Carolina, instead of California, like originally planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.