Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Cup That Cheers

Can you sit a spell?
I’ll be quick to light the fire
And make a spot of tea.
Let me take your coat and hat.
The weather’s simply dreadful!
Come, step inside
And keep me company.

 Sharing, yet another sweet tea gift-book today, with a few of the quotes from within. 
I hope and pray that if, by chance, you are feeling blue or out of sorts, 
this little teacup table with some treats will cheer you right up!
Dear friend,
this is my prayer for you:
comfort for the hours you feel alone,
wisdom to guide you on your way,
strength to always carry your own
and joy to greet you day by day.

Friends to lighten heavy loads,
family to surround you with love,
grace, as you walk life's dusty roads,
and peace and grace from above.
Let’s have a party,
Beginning at three.
You choose the teacups,
I’ll pour the tea.
You pick the pastries,
Sweet as can be.
I’ll toast to friendship
Between you and me.
Today, I'm serving fresh strawberries, vanilla bean/cream cheese dip, along with plain vanilla wafers.
                                                                                            Source: google.com via Ann on Pinterest

I found this adorable little teacup and saucer at a local antique shop. There is nothing printed on the bottom of either piece. It looks more like a decorative teacup, than a cup to drink tea from.
I love the detail and curves.
The glory of friendship is not
The outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile,
Nor the joy of companionship; It is the spiritual
Inspiration that comes to one when you discover
That someone else believes in you and is willing
To trust you with a friendship.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Simply sitting barefoot on an old back porch,
     while having a round of tea, is one of the purest pleasures of life. 
Nothing nourishes a friendship like an hour of soft conversation.
In those magical moments, time stands still ~
 long enough for friends to listen with the heart, whisper kind words,
and revive one another's soul.
 
  Source: google.com via Ann on Pinterest

Blessings to you, as you go about your day today.
Linking on over at these "tea" hops!
A Return to Lovliness (Delightsome Life)
Thursday Favorite Things (Katherine's Corner)



20 comments:

  1. Precious little teacup. It does look like it would be difficult to sip from. I'd use a straw! LOL! Lovely post and quotes. Happy Tea Time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my tea post! I'm glad you enjoyed your time here! May you also have a wonderful day ~ with a cup of tea in hand, of course!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post! What a sweet little tea cup. I adore the coloring and the shape. I don't think I have seen one like it. Your friendship and tea quotes are really good. Great tea book!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Terri! It's been fun writing quotes from my new set of books! They fit right in with tea time each week. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting me today, Ann. Now this gives me a chance to make a new friend. I love your post today! The syaings from the book are just great, aren't they. I love the tea books. And I also love your beautiful tea cup and saucer. What a great find!! I'm now a new follower!
    Here's to your health!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, Ann! your new-old teacup with the saucer is lovely! Thanks for the quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so very welcome! I appreciate your lovely comment! Blessings to you!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ann,
    what a lovely post. Everything looks so pretty and I love your quotes. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. So glad you could stop by awhile. May your week be full of blessings, too!

      Delete
  6. What a sweet post - and beautiful teacup!

    I have never ever seen one like that.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, Michele. It's so unique. I guess that's why it caught my eye at the antique shop!

      Delete
  7. Hi Ann,
    Your teacup is very cute and once again, you have shared a lovely tea book. Thank you for joining me for tea. Wishing you a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi! Praying you have a lovely week, too!

      Delete
  8. that teacup is VERY adorable! Loved the poetic verses too! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bernideen! I really love the teacup! So dainty and pretty. Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful post! I love all the verses you found about tea and friendship. Darling teacup you have. Have a wonderful week,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting me here! I'm glad you enjoyed my teatime post. I stopped out at your blog, as well, and loved it! Teatime is always such a fun time to meet new people!

      Delete
  10. Hi: That is the cutest cup! I wouldn't have been able to pass it up either. Thank you for this wonderful post. It points back to God and I love it. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed seeing your tea cup. It is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing your prayer today. You have touched some hearts!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.