Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I would have in my Cottage Tea Garden:

I have this image in my mind of a small cozy "tea garden" where I can go to relax, sip on tea, maybe read a book, and take in the beauty of the surroundings. Yes, I would love to have my very own cottage tea garden...I currently have a small garden and pond on the side of my house, but my real dream is to someday actually live in a small cottage (preferably near the ocean) and have a little place to go.
  
Example of the cutest little cottage:
                                                                                 Source: crumpledenvelope.tumblr.com via Ann on Pinterest

Here are elements I would have in my Cottage Tea Garden:
·        Low fence and entrance gate(white picket or wrought iron)
                                                                                                 Source: susanbranch.com via Ann on Pinterest
    
Arches, Trellises, and Arbors·          
                                                                                            Source: theoldpaintedcottage.com via Ann on Pinterest

     
Fountains and bird baths
                                                                                                 Source: thisoldhouse.com via Biz on Pinterest
·         
·    

Benches (places to sit and sip on tea)
                                                                                           Source: theoldpaintedcottage.com via Ann on Pinterest

·         Wrought Iron or wicker table and chairs.
                                                                                      Source: eleganttabletop.blogspot.com via Ann on Pinterest

Bird feeders and houses
                                                                                         Source: craftberrybush.blogspot.com via Kerrie on Pinterest

       Of course, many flowers and herbs.
                                                                                                 Source: google.com via Sam on Pinterest

And most importantly, TEA!
                                                                                           Source: royalgardenhotelblog.com via Ann on Pinterest
            
Even the birds can join in the tea party!!!

                                                                               Source: emilysummers-designer.blogspot.com via Ann on Pinterest


We have had some very warm (but windy) days here in my part of the world. Hope you have a chance to get out and enjoy God's beauty in your area. Spring will be here soon! Very soon, I will be able to have tea out in my little garden by the house. Dreaming is fun, too!! Maybe someday my "Cottage Tea Garden" will be a reality!! :-)

Oh! I almost forgot. I promised you last week that I would show you a picture of my little whimsical birds that go with my birdcage, purchased at Goodwill. (The birds I got at a local consignment shop) Aren't they cute together?


Linking over at these blog hops:

8 comments:

  1. To dream is a first step into a garden. I have a small little garden. But it pleased me immensely. I have lots of seating. I like that you have arranged tea party even for small birds. I wish you a nice day. Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Zinnia!(By the way, I love that your (blog)name is even a type of flower!!)Blessings to you today and in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ann,
    I have my dreams too. Even better is when our dreams become reality and I'm sure someday you will have your little cottage by the ocean.
    I don't have to go far to be near the ocean here where I am. Just a few miles and I'm there. I spend most of the summer at the beach. It is so lovely there! We often take a picnic with us.
    I enjoyed looking at all your photos. They are lovely and your wee birdies are darling. The Gold Finch is my favourite bird and they will be back next month. I always look forward to their return.
    Thanks for coming for tea and have a delightful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fortunate for you, to be so close to the beach, Sandi!! I'm definitely keeping hold of my dreams. Thanks for having me for tea and stopping over at my blog!!

      Delete
  4. all those photos are so wonderful- I recognize on as being from another blog....in Mississippi. We are all dreaming of springtime! Thanks for linking to Friends Sharing Tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Bernideen! Sometimes I find the best ideas from other creative bloggers! That's what's so wonderful about blogging...when ideas and projects are shared!

      Delete
  5. Sweet birds...love the photos! I'll bring the scones, you heat the water :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a lot of what you've shared! I pinned several of these pictures! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely post and blog with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.