Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Pot of Tea at the End of the Rainbow

I don't really believe in luck....whether it's good, bad, or the luck-o- the- Irish. I am more of a "God's in control" type of girl. Now, that doesn't mean there aren't times I haven't broke down and said to myself, "I'm just having bad luck today," or "You are so lucky to win that 2 week vacation to the Bahamas!" But honestly, I feel like God doesn't allow anything into our lives that He didn't plan for us to go through, good, bad, or indifferent. And I really haven't been a lover of the color green. So, of course, I don't own anything tea-related for St. Patrick's Day.  But I do love color and one thing that always intrigued me about the Irish was their saying..."you'll find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow"...of course, I don't believe in leprechauns either, so most of that concept is not much of an interest to me. But I thought if I could change it up a little bit....instead of gold, I'd love to find a pot of tea (full of my favorite tea, of course) at the end of the rainbow...wouldn't that be awesome?
 Source: http://freeimagesget.com/beautiful-rainbow/

I also wanted to share some information about Irish tea. I had no idea that there were so many different kinds of Irish Tea!! (Along with them, I've intermingled a few Irish blessings that I liked and a little recipe at the end)

Irish breakfast tea is brewed strong and served with milk, with sugar added to taste or they drink it plain, with sugar & perhaps lemon.  Part of the strength of Irish breakfast tea is because it’s a blend of various black teas.  Irish breakfast tea is very dark red to brown in color.

Ireland’s climate is cold and damp so if your early Spring is similarly chilly and damp ~ a nice hot pot of strong Irish tea may be just the ticket for you this St. Patrick’s Day.  Irish breakfast tea is primarily taken in the morning (hence breakfast tea) because it has a higher caffeine content than other teas, but then the tea is still taken for most of the rest of the day.

Tea Bags Imported from Ireland
                                                                                               Source: tealaden.com via Ann on Pinterest

                                                                                                Source: tealaden.com via Ann on Pinterest

May joy and peace surround you,
Contentment latch your door,
And happiness be with you now
And bless you evermore. 


 For tea-lovers looking locally:
                                                                                            Source: teacaddy.czi.cz via Ann on Pinterest

 May brooks and trees and singing hills
Join in the chorus too,
And every gentle wind that blows
Send happiness to you.


                                                                                                   Source: amazon.com via Ann on Pinterest

 These things, I warmly wish for you-
Someone to love,
Some work to do,
A bit of o’ sun
A bit o’ cheer
And a guardian angel
Always near. 


 Rainbow Tea set found online
                                                                                                           Source: google.comt


 Deep peace of the running waves to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the smiling stars to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the watching shepherds to you.
Deep peace of the Son of Peace to you
AN OLD GAELIC PRAYER 
                                                                                                     Source: amazon.com via Ann on Pinterest

Teapot says "A good laugh and Tea are the two best cures"


 You’ve blessed me with friends
and laughter and fun
With rain that’s as soft
as the light from the sun-
You’ve blessed me with the stars
to brighten each night
You’ve give me help
to know wrong from right
You’ve give me so much
please, Lord give me too
A heart that is always
Grateful to you. 

Here is a recipe for "Irish Soda Scones"
Mmmmmm....I'm gonna have to make these!

 May the roads rise to meet you.
 May the wind be at your back. 
May the sun shine warm upon your face; 
The rain fall soft upon your fields 
And, until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
A GAELIC BLESSING
 May the grace of God’s protection
And His great love abide
Within your home-within the hearts
Of all who dwell inside. 



Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Tea day, Ann! Wonderful post and I love all your Irish quotes and blessings. I don't believe in luck either. God's blessings are what I rely upon. I do love the colour green however. Thank you for joining me for tea today and have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi! You too!! I'll have to admit, I really liked the green teacup on your post for today's tea party!!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your Irish quotes and the info on the tea. The rainbow tea set you showed is pretty unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I agree! I've never seen a rainbow set like that before!! I think it's actually vintage - sometime in the 80's.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ann,
    nice idea to find such a golden tea pot with the favourite tea on the end of a rainbow. But you had luck, it stood not so far, i.e. in your home. Looks really great. And the rainbow set is really fun. Thank you for all the tea informations about Irish tea.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.