Monday, February 13, 2012

God’s Perfect Love Casts out Fear


Our pastor finished off a series Sunday that has covered different things in our lives that seem to cage us in and keep us from doing all that God has for us. He spoke about fear and how it immobilizes us from doing God’s work. Fear of what others will think, fear of failure, fear of looking like a fool, fear of having to be uncomfortable.  But what overcomes all this fear is love. . . God’s perfect love. This kind of love is exemplified in the Bible through the comparison to the bride and bridegroom. 

I was listening to a song by Casting Crowns about God's perfect love, called "Wedding Day". Not only does it express God's amazing love for us, but also what we have to look forward to when one day we meet Him face to face!!!















Sharing the many graces God has shown me as I continue to take part in the Joy Dare.

3 gifts found outside: 
447.   Frozen pond


448. Sunset and spiked trees.

449.   Fog-covered hills

3 gifts red 
450. Delicious Strawberry Passion Fruit Tea
451. My elegant, red tablecloth

452. My little red tea kettle.

A gift broken, a gift fixed, a gift thrifted: 
453. A glass angel that I was rearranging on a shelf.  
454. An old camera
455. Some of my favorite outfits

3 times you heard laughter today
456.  When my friend met me at the coffee house and we laughed about the silly things our kids do.
457. Watching and enjoying a funny show on T.V.
458. Myself, laughing at a story that hubby told.

3 hard eucharisteos
359. When some people seem to intentionally get under my skin.
360.When I lack motivation and small tasks are difficult
361.When I am worshiping at church and find myself fighting to stay focused on God.

Linking up at:



2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann!

    God's love overcomes all obstacles. It strengthens us and gives us courage when we are afraid. Thank you for this word to me today! Happy Valentine's day -- be sure to make some tea in that cute red kettle! Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for God love, and sometimes it does take a reminder to know that we don't need to be afraid. So glad I stopped by today! I also really love your Joy Dare posts :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.