Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tea for Two. . . Something Beautiful

Well, it's finally here!!
(Actually, it's more like it's here ALREADY!)
Twenty-five years ago today
I married my very best friend!
I promised you a little surprise today.
Here is a slideshow I made of my hubby and me  from our "single" days to the present. Some photos include his two children from a previous marriage and our son in the picture with us. I found that most older pictures had at least one of our kids in them with us when we were younger. And there literally were NO videos of just Ken and I, so I just added a few from a recent vacation we took to the Carolinas.
(remember to mute the music from my playlist in the right sidebar) 
It might also take a few seconds to download, so be patient. Hopefully it works correctly for you. Unfortunately, this site (Masher) has been very temperamental lately.
go to this site. . .
 music/photo/video slideshow

  One by one each year flew by,
Since we both said “I do"
25 years of memories,
Shared by us two.
From big events and holidays
To simple daily pleasures,
Some tearful times along life’s way,
Some joys that can’t be measured
One by one each year now gone,
But still they’re ours forever
Each and every memory,
Of a quarter Century together!

 Because our anniversary is 2 weeks before Valentine's Day, it's always easy to find things with hearts and romance to share with my hubby for our special day. But after 25 years, unique ideas are starting to be more of a challenge to find. As I was thinking about talking about tea in today's post, I thought about having an anniversary tea for two party with my hubby. I decided to google it and see what I came up with. These pictures are great ideas for a romantic rondevu, since we have a fireplace in our home. I may surprise him with this, when he comes home from work today.

Tea by the fire


candlelight and hearts


Sweets for my Sweetheart - Cream Cheese Tarts



 Rooibos, called red tea, is a good choice for a romantic tea for two
with it's naturally sweet taste and red hue.

A little romantic music would be nice.
These two songs were played at our wedding on January 31, 1987



We are planning on taking an anniversary vacation, but wanted to wait till summer, when the weather is more pleasant, as we want to renew our wedding vow on an ocean beachfront! Can't wait for that!

Linking over at:


11 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,
    Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! A romantic time of year for an Anniversary, to be sure! The tea photos are wonderful, thank you for sharing and joining me for tea today.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for stopping by and leaving a comment, Sandi! We get double the love with V-day being so close to our day!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Lovely Tea-pinspiration! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is a beautiful tribute to your marriage and love Ann! It must be lovely to have it so close to Valentine's Day as it lends extra romance to it! Yay!
    Congratulations on your long and happy union!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri. We couldn't be more blessed to have each other! God is so good!

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a great anniversary, Ann! I cannot get my husband to try tea. He's a coffee drinker all the way! I personally enjoy both. The name of your blog reminds me of a song we sing at church, "Days of Elijah." The chorus begins, "Here He comes, riding on the clouds..." That is a beautiful word picture to me. Wouldn't that be a sight to see? Have a blessed day.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that song! There are so many great ways to look at this theme! I hadn't thought of that one! Go here(http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-is-it-about-clouds.html) to read about why I named my blog "Christ in the Clouds."

      Delete
  5. Congratulations and Happy Valentines :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a divine post. Congratulations to you both-you are inspirational!

    Thanks so much for joining in with my Pinterest Party! I am so thrilled that you shared your special occasion with me!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ Five Minutes for Me

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.