Have you ever had lots of exciting (but kinda scary) things happening around you all at once and you try to not think too much about it, but it seems like things are happening so fast and your emotions are everywhere? Well, I'm definitely feeling that way!
For the past week or so, there have been lots of changes in our homelife. And more changes are right around the corner! I wrote a few posts ago about being on an adventure, and it sure feels like this adventure is in full speed! Part of being in an adventure is that there is lots of excitement and anticipation of what is ahead. Part of it requires faith and trust, as often we don't know what God really has planned for us. This also is a time when Satan wants to sneak in there and cause us to worry about the unknown. That's kind of the battle my hubby and I have been struggling with the past few days.
For several months we had known we would probably be moving to a new house on a lake. Our house was sold, but the buyer had to sell their house first. In the meantime, we had found a cute little cottage on a lake and made an offer, which was accepted, pending our house sale went through. Well, a few weeks ago, things started happening. Our buyer sold their house, so we contacted the realtor of the house we were wanting. There were several things in our agreement with the seller of the lakehouse that they committed to fixing, but have not even done anything on our list. So, we were a little hesitant about re-signing with them(our contract had run out on our bid on the lakehouse, but we haven't re-signed with them yet, so we do have the option to not buy it). Our concern is they won't do what they promised on the house before we have to move in. We also have a concern about this being a wise choice as a retirement home for us. There are a lot of stairs in this cottage house and it would be difficult to put in ramps or a stair chairlift if either of us had issues with stairs. Plus both of our parents are getting older and having them visit would be a difficulty. *Wow! I must be getting old, to think about these issues :- / Anyways, we now are looking at other possible lake houses to move to, since moving to a lake is one of the main reason we wanted to move. It's been kind of a scramble, as the people buying our house are eager to move in!
It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (Psalm 34:10b)
I've been praying about direction with where God wants us to be. I have prayed this before, but in the past several months, kind of backed off of praying, since I thought it was going to be an easy transition, once things started to move. For the last week, I started to second guess myself. Maybe I wasn't hearing God's direction. Maybe, I'm being selfish about my heart's desire and wanting what He wants. I need to work on praying with my hubby, too, (we're in this together) for God's leading, but also for us to remember God is in control and I shouldn't worry or panic (which was my first response to this). My heart wants to jump with excitement, as I think about where we may be in the next few months! I am waiting with anticipation, but not anxiousness. I will choose to walk with God into the unknown territory! No worries!!!!!!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Another change (blessing) in our household is that our 19 yr. old son got a full-time job. . . something we have been praying for a long time for! The timing was great, as the house we plan on eventually moving into will be smaller than our current home and he will soon be able to move out with friends on his own. We will officially be "empty-nesters".
I am continuing to count God's graces in my life and taking part in the Joy Dare:
- 3 gifts found in Christ
408. New life
- 3 things blue
411. clear skies
412. Fresh Blueberries
413. Some of my favorite Dutch teapots and plates.
- One grace borrowed, one grace found, one grace inherited
414. Borrowed - a book from a friend.
415. Found – Great scarf on sale, while shopping (I love scarves!)
416. Inherited – physical ailments from my parent’s gene-pool (an ugly-beautiful grace)
- A gift before 9 a.m., gift before noon, gift before dark.
417. Taking an extra-long hot shower.
418. A call from my hubby on his break. (Every time he calls he tells me I’m so beautiful. He is so amazing!)
419. My two dogs wanting to play
- 3 gifts that might never have been.
421. Our current house being sold so easily in such a bad market.
422. My son getting a full-time job through some connections (friend who knew the owners)
- 3 graces found in your friends
424. A timeless and distance-less kindred spirit!
425. Fun shopping trips/coffee shop talks
- A song heard, a soft word, where you saw light
427. peace John 16:33 NKJV "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.
428. at the end of the tunnel. . .God is carrying through some unknown and unique times.
Linking on over at: