Friday, November 11, 2011

Update on My Son

Many of my friends and family had been praying for my son who had been in an accident and got a concussion a few days ago. By the healing power and grace of God, he is doing well. Most of his memory has returned, even the night of the event, which is the hardest to remember usually. He still has some dizziness when he gets up too quickly, but all in all, we are thankful!! This was such a weird experience for me, since I had been in an accident when I was 19, the very same age he is now, and  I had a concussion, too. We both were taken to the same hospital in my hometown. I remember my mom and sister telling me that I would ask the same questions over and over again (typical of someone with a concussion), every other minute and it freaked them out. This time, I was the one who had to answer his questions a million and a half times, which is very unnerving and frustrating for both sides.

Ultimately, I am reminded of the goodness and love God has for us!! I'm not sure why this happened, but I know that He is in control and is all-knowing and all He asks is that I trust in Him. Sometimes that is easier said than done. If you had asked me about trusting God before he got better, I would have been less eager with an answer.  I'm reminded of the verse that I learned/memorized in my youth. It's simple, but not easy!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to Him,
   and He will make your paths straight.
                                                Proverbs 3:5-6

In His Love, 
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.