Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Advent(Dec. 1): The Place Where Love Grows



Out of the stump of David’s family will grow a shoot—
yes, a new Branch bearing fruit from the old root.
And the Spirit of the LORD will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and might,
the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.
In that day the heir to David’s throne
will be a banner of salvation to all the world.
The nations will rally to him,
and the land where he lives will be a glorious place.
Isaiah 11:1-2, 10

"Out of the stump came one tender branch that would grow right into a crown of thorns, right into a rugged cross, right into a ladder - your ladder back to God. Out of the stump of Jesse's family - of every family tree - comes the shoot of Jesus' forever-love. Jesus would go to impossible lengths to rescue you(and me)."


"When we slow down and bend down and see small, wondrousimpossible things - no stump(no family tree) is ever just a stump.
"It is always just a place for love to grow, this small unfurling of miracles."
Prayer:

Pray for those who are less valued in the world. Look for simple ways to help people this December. Ask God to use your small actions to produce great results.
Here is a great example how we can help others less fortunate than us.
 Look for opportunities to share"random acts of kindness" or ask your church what you can do to help people in the community who are struggling financially. There are many community programs that offer special activities to get involved in and/or to donate financially to.

Come back tomorrow, as I share Day 2 of the Advent Calender...
in the book, "Unwrapping the Greatest Gift".(All quotes listed are from the book.)

I will be sharing each story in this beautiful book, as well as some of the breathtaking pictures. Won't you join me? Stop by each day to see the stories shared. If you would prefer I email you each days post, please leave your email in the comments section or send me an email at apop12341@hotmail.com 
and let me know. I will make sure each post is sent to you.


You may find me linking up at any of the blog parties listed on the left sidebar.(or go to my blog party page link, below)

Favorite Blogs Parties I Link-up with

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.