Monday, April 11, 2016

Life is Precious

I know, for me, I tend to sometimes forget how precious life is.... The lives of those around me and my own.

This past weekend the hubby and I attended the 3rd birthday party of our grand-niece.(our niece's daughter.) I remember when this rambunctious bundle of toddler energy was born. At a mere 4 lbs, 12 oz., she was a true miracle! My niece found out just a year after having her daughter that she had a rare blood-clotting disease that had caused and would cause her to have multiple problems in pregnancy and childbirth, including miscarriage, early labor, and low birth weight. Her doctor discouraged her from trying to have more children, as not only could it cause her to have pregnancy issues, but was a threat to her own life during pregnancy and childbirth. My niece and nephew were devastated with the diagnosis, as they both wanted more children. After grieving for a time, though, they decided to focus on their precious little girl, and be thankful for the blessing of her in their lives.

This little "princess" as she kept telling us she was at her birthday party, is such a blessing to so many people - parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Her sweet spirit is a reminder to me how precious life is.
 Loved the princess birthday cakes!!
 For privacy reasons, I didn't show a picture of my grand-nieces face. 
My niece helping my grand-niece open presents.

I'm reminded of my own son, who was a miracle baby for me and my hubby over 23 years ago. We didn't think we could have children. After years of trying, and almost giving up, I conceived and he came into our lives!!

In reality, I believe we are all precious miracles of God's love.
Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; 
Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
 1 John 3:1 - See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. 

The older I get the more I believe it...Life is very precious! I pray that no matter where you are in your life or how young or old you are, that you know how your life is very precious to the Lord!! He loves us and holds us in His very loving hands. This reminds me also of the story of the lost sheep...

Luke 15:4-7
“What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? “When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. “And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ “I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
Each and every life is precious!!!!

You may find me linking up at any of the blog parties listed on the left sidebar.(or go to my blog party page link, below)

Favorite Blogs Parties where I Link-up

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful reminder Ann. Thanks so much for reminding us that life is a precious gift! Your neighbor at the Women with Intention party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Angela! May you know personally how precious you are to the Lord!! Blessings!!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.