Thursday, November 10, 2011

What is it About the Clouds?

In the last several months, I’ve found myself noticing (and taking pictures of) the clouds on any given day. I’m not sure why…. I’ve looked at the sky just about every day of my life. But recently the clouds have really drawn my attention.

                  I’ve noticed days when there are big, puffy cotton candy clouds that form interesting shapes.
I’ve noticed clouds that seem to go forever into the depths of the blue sky, and I know they go even farther than what my eyes can see.
I’ve noticed the dark clouds that usher in a storm, slowly hiding any hint of the blue sky or sun.
I’ve noticed skies that are mostly blue, with a small wisp of a cloud here and there. 

Or the swirl of evening clouds at a fall sunset, preparing for all of life to rest under the moon’s glow.
I read a book last spring called “One Thousand Gifts” A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are  http://onethousandgifts.com/the-book by Ann Voskamp.  In her book she talks about looking for and listing the blessings each day of our lives and how that can open our hearts and change how we look at life as a whole. I started my list back in March, 2011 and I’m up to 300. I’ve got a ways to go to get to 1,000, but I’m determined to get there. It really does work, though. I love that, in her book, she uses the sky, clouds, and sun to describe our view of life’s events.  If we look for Christ in the clouds/storms(the difficult events) in our lives, our attitude will change, but if we don’t even see Him in the sunshine(all the good things) in our lives, how can we be happy? That is how I came up with the title of this blog. I hope to encourage readers to list their blessings, one-by-one! "The way to give thanks in all things: give thanks in this 1 small thing. The moments add up." (1000 Gifts) I think this video she produced says it so well….

If you would like to join me and thousands of others who are listing their gifts….go to one of the following pages:

some of my "gifts"
289.      A much needed quiet, laid back day at home….
290.      Turning up the thermostat a degree or two on a cold fall/winter morning!
291.       Good memories of the special people who have come and gone in my life. Memories that never fade!
292.      He Lord Jehovah Rapha – The Lord who heals.
293,      When times of fear and uncertainty threaten to overtake me, He is Jehovah, Shalom, and The Prince of Peace.
 294.     In times of need He is Jehovah Jireh – The Lord who provides.
295.      When we are facing a vast army of enemies, He is Jehovah Sabaoth – The Lord of Hosts.
296.      When we feel alone, He is Jehovah Shammah - The Lord is There and Emanuel, God with us.
297.      He is El Olam – The Everlasting God, The Alpha and the Omega, The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the Creator of All things, The Way, The Truth and The Life, The Word, The Lamb of God, The Savior.
298.      An encore of blessing #292 and #294
299.      The complexity of the human mind and how much we use it!
300.      Every day, God is involved in even the small, unnoticed, seemingly insignificant moments of each of our lives!

In His Love,
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.