Monday, November 21, 2011

Do YOU have a chair?

This is a special week.....a holiday weekend is coming. Many people have a shorter work week and attend family gatherings. Some people get their Christmas shopping done (black Friday...ick!! I hate crowds!!) Some put their decorations/Christmas lights up. But whatever we do, I think we started this holiday many moons ago to remember what God has given us and to be truly grateful! It's amazing to me that we only have one day each year to celebrate this activity. Wouldn't it be awesome if we did this every week, every day, if possible to just SIT, even for a minute and be thankful for His love, mercy, and provision. Even when we are going through the hard things in our lives....how would that change our attitudes and our actions?

Several weeks ago, I was reading Ann Voskamp's website....A Holy Experience...and she shared how it's so important, not only for us to realize how He blesses us, but that our kids pick up on our expression of gratitude. (or lack of) and will carry that behavior on in their lives. She shares a video that I am passing on. It's about a chair, one that we all need to have. This moved me to remember I need to have my own "chair". (Of course, it would really be nice to have one that just appeared whenever I needed to be reminded of what I have to be thankful for.)

This is also Multitude on Mondays, so I am doubly thankful  (if that is possible). Sharing the blessings He has shown me!

308.   Tea parties!!!
309.    Small gifts – just to say ‘I’m thinking of you”
310.     Gorgeous sunsets!!
311.     'It takes more than bread to stay alive. It takes a steady stream of words from God's mouth.'" Matt. 4:4 {Msg}
312.    Being able to dream about what I would like to do/where I would like to go, even if it doesn’t come to happen.
313.     Being exhausted, but in a good way…..after a very productive day!
314.     Again, friends that say words or do small acts of kindness and appreciation.
315    Being free to share my thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and love for God through the internet!
316.   "...it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."(Hebrews 6:18-19.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.