Thursday, November 14, 2019

I've Been In An Endurance Race

Yep! You read the blog title right...I've been in a race!!(Not literally, but figuratively and spiritually.)
I've been quiet here on my blog for quite awhile, but for good reason. It's taken lots of stamina, time, and patience for me to take each step over the past 11 months!!(Just as a reminder: I had shared back in January of this year that My Word for 2019: was ENDURE ) And my endurance continues to be vital, as I continue to run this race with love and commitment in the upcoming year!!

Endurance implies that whatever  is happening is going to take a long time."  Well, it definitely has been and is what I have experienced in the past year.

"To endure is more than just continuing to exist; it is continuing to exist in the same manner as before the suffering began. To “endure” does not mean simply to grin and bear it. Christians will feel sad, betrayed, or even angry at times. These emotions in and of themselves are not bad; they only become sin when we allow them to take root in our lives and produce bitterness, evil thoughts of revenge, or unforgiveness. Believers must remember that everything that comes into our lives is under the control of a sovereign God who has promised, 
"He is working all things out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
Christians can find hope to endure when we consider the rewards God has promised us. 
“Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."(Hebrews 10:35)
and
 "By your endurance you will gain your lives."(Luke 21:19)
https://www.gotquestions.org/endure-hardship.html


As I contemplate what God wants me to learn in 2020...WOW! Another decade into the 21st century is almost here!!...I am already picking up that the Lord is leading me to stretch my wings! I have felt Him drawing me to a new "word" for the coming year. It's definitely not an easy word for me to accept. It is one that continually pushes me outside my comfort zone!! I'll be sharing more about it in the next few months. But, here is a (really good) clue in the song below!!!




Until next time, may you be
"... strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience," (Colossian 1:11)



2 comments:

  1. I'm certain you learned a lot about yourself with your word for this year. Anticipating reading about your word for 2020. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quietspirit, I could not even express all that I have learned, but is continually growing me. Thanks for stopping by my blog!Blessings to you, as well!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.