Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Capture and Savor Each Moment

"I'm convinced that the whole world is better when we,
as individuals,
capture and savor each moment as the gift that it is,
embrace the challenge or joy of it,
and thereby transform it
with the magic of creative posibility.
Life, for the most part, is what we make of it.
We have been given a responsibility
to live it fully, joyfully, completely,
and richly
in whatever span of time God grants us
on this earth."
(Luci Swindoll)


Continuing to count my blessings, one by one at   "Multitude on Mondays".
1,381 - The moments I find to take a picture almost every day of God's creation.
1,382 - Enjoying all the different animals that I get to see daily, now that we are living on a lake.
1,383 - Fishing has been good.
1,384 - The weather has been, for the most part, really nice, too!
1,385 - Learning to not let daily occurrences get me down, but, just like the Luci Swindoll quote above, remember that "Life, for the most part, is what we make of it."
1,386 - Watching my dog chase the neighborhood squirrel up a tree, and then the squirrel getting bold and chattering down at him.

1,387 - It almost looks like they are carrying on a conversation (maybe more of an argument)!


1,388 - Finally, my dog hears me calling him and gives up the fight to "get the squirrel." Looks like the squirrel won! LOL!!

1,389 - A wonderful new coffee shop opening up near my house!!
1,390 - We FINALLY officially can drive our new pontoon boat out on the water! We purchased it before Memorial Day, but have had many issues! I definitely learned patience the past few weeks!




8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I would love permission to paint some of your photos. Thanks for linking to Sunday Stillness. I love the turtle pic. Reminds me of Tadeo my picture book.
    Blessings,
    Janis. www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Janis. Just make sure you let people know where you got the picture from....I know, that turtle was SO adorable!!

      Delete
  2. I think it's hilarious that the squirrel won!

    Learning to see God in the small things, now that is a victory. Good for you! Like the quote, we have a responsibility to live fully, joyfully..sounds like you are definitely doing that.

    Enjoy your boat :)

    Peace in Christ,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ceil! Just thinking about that squirrel and my dog makes me laugh!! We will definitely enjoy the boat, too!!! Thanks for stopping in! Blessings to you, friend.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Ann! And, such wise words! Thank you for the encouragement to celebrate each day!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! God is so very good!! Blessings to you, also!!

      Delete
  4. AMEN! I love reading other's lists of thanksgiving! Beautiful pictures too. Linking next to you at Sunday Stillness! Blessings! Love, Rachael @ Inking the Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Racheal. It's such a blessing to meet you! Glad you enjoyed the pics!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment.